Brendan Ciecko is the founder and CEO of Cuseum, a technology startup that helps museums engage their visitors. Founded in 2014, Cuseum works with cultural institutions around the globe, has raised over $1.4M in funding, and went through Techstars in 2015.
Prior to Cuseum, Ciecko started Ten Minute Media, an agency that specializes in digital media and creative services for the music entertainment industry. Since its official establishment in 2003, Ten Minute Media has acquired a flourishing list of clients including some of the biggest names in entertainment.
Ciecko’s entrepreneurial career and projects have gained the attention of the national press. In October of 2008, Ciecko appeared on the cover of Inc. Magazine in the feature article, Cool, Determined, Under 30: Meet the brains behind America's smartest new companies. He has also appeared in Entrepreneur Magazine, Fast Company, New York Times, The Guardian, BMW Magazine, Boston Globe, PC Magazine and was a national finalist of the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards.
He currently sits on the Steering Committee of the Museum Council at Museum of Fine Arts Boston and Community Advisory Board for the Massachusetts International Festival of the Arts. Ciecko has also served on the Massachusetts "It's All Here" Advisory Board, Board of Washington Gateway Main Streets, Boston’s ONEin3 Council, and Regional Leadership Team of Technology for Obama.
Brendan currently lives in Boston’s historic Fort Point neighborhood with his wife Elizabeth and their little dog Misiu.
Awards & RECOGNITION
- People's Choice Award at Philadelphia Museum of Art Hackathon - You In The Art (2016)
- Winner at Mashable / Emirates Hackathon - FlyBeacon (2014)
- BostInno "50 on Fire" Finalist (2013)
- BBC "App of the Week" - Fontly (2012)
- The Alantic Cities "App of the Day" - Fontly (2012)
- Gizmodo "Android Apps of the Week" - Fontly (2012)
- LAWeekly.com Web Awards "Best Music MySpace Page" - Slash (2010)
- Inc. Magazine "30 Under 30" (2008)
- Web Marketing Association's "WebAward" (2008)
- BusinessWest's "Forty Under 40" (2008)
- Grinspoon Entrepreneurial Spirit Award (2008)
- ADDY "Best in Show" Award, Western MA (2008)
- Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) New England Regional Finalist (2007)
- PC Magazine SMB Award (2007)
- Museum of Fine Arts Boston (Steering Committee)
- Massachusetts International Festival of the Arts (Community Advisory Board)
- Boston Center for the Arts (Host Committee)
- Harvard President’s Innovation Challenge (Judge)
- MIT $100K Entrepreneurship Competition (Judge)
- MIT Enterprise Forum Poland (Mentor)